The mission of the Nehaunsey Middle School Guidance Program is to provide a planned program of guidance and counseling services that will be an integral part of the educational program of the school. Developmentally appropriate counseling services is part of a comprehensive 6-8 program that include a variety of areas such as; education, social, emotional and behavioral. The program goal is to assist pupils in making and implementing informed educational and occupational choices including academic, career and personal/social development.
The program of guidance and counseling will also include the developmental career guidance and exploration. This, will be offered to students in the school and will involve the coordinated efforts of all teaching staff.
Our students will continue to learn, becoming productive citizens, and contributing members of society to meet the demands of the 21st century.
Guidance Programs and Services
- Individual/Group Counseling (Academic, Social, Emotional, Behavioral)
- Counseling Services provided to the entire student body.
- Success for All Meetings
- Daily group meetings with staff to provide help for our students in all areas of school.
- Peer Mediation
- Developing strategies to appropriately handle peer interactions.
- S.T.A.R.S Intervention and Referral Services
- Meetings with staff to develop interventions for our students to ensure their success at Nehaunsey Middle School.
- Online directory available 24/7 to all parents, students and staff that offers academic, social and emotional information.
- High School selection and readiness.
- Preparing our 8th grade students for high school and guiding them through application process.
- Anti-Bullying Initiatives
- Class discussions and presentations.
- NJCAN Career Interest Navigator
- 12 Career Ready Practices and Career Exploration
- Six Pillars of Character Program
- Designed to engage students in utilizing the six pillars of an individual’s character.
- Citizenship, Respect, Trustworthiness, Fairness, Responsibility and Caring.
- More information regarding NJCAN Career Interest Navigator and 21st Century
- Life Skills and Readiness can be found below.
- 21st Century Life & Career Skills2.pptx